Summer is officially here! Throughout the cold months of the year, we always try and prepare our bodies for the summer months ahead. We think that there will be plenty of time ahead of us to perfect our beach bodies and we sometimes put if off until the last minute. If you feel like you stalled perfecting your beach body, don’t worry! Feeling confident for summer starts with a lifestyle change- eating healthy and living a healthy lifestyle.
It can be hard to stay healthy over the summer months. Barbecues and beach days make it easy to substitute your healthy lifestyle for an unhealthy one. Summer is the time to change your lifestyle to a healthy one. Once you grow accustomed to the simple transition over to living healthy, you won’t even have to try!
We’ve come up with some simple lifestyle changes that will have you feeling confident and healthy for the summer....
1. Protect Your Eyes We all know that the sun is much brighter during the summer months, but what does this mean for our eyes? During the summer months, ultraviolet rays are especially strong and will cause damage to your eyes if you do not protect them. Wearing sunglasses with a high UV protection will help to keep your eyes safe. Not only will your eyesight be protected, but you will prevent wrinkles from forming around your eyes.
2.Supplement Your Diet Make sure you are getting the correct amount of nutrients and vitamins in your daily diet. Try a daily vitamin or nutrient boost to benefit your diet. Daily vitamins are a great way to ensure that your body is getting the recommended amount of nutrients daily!
3. Exercise Outdoors The summer months are the perfect time to take advantage of beautiful weather and spend time outdoors. Exercise should not be a job, but something that you enjoy. Find an outdoor activity that you enjoy and you will be looking forward to exercising. Meet up with friends or family and plan some outdoor activities. Warm weather is perfect for kayaking, yoga, hiking, biking and swimming!
4. De-Stress Stress can greatly affect your health and how you are feeling. Stress can cause insomnia, a weakened immune system, high blood pressure and many other health problems. If you are feeling stressed, try and get to the bottom of it. Figure out the root of what is causing you so much stress and try and fix the problem. Spending time outdoors is a great way to de-stress! Plant a garden or go for a hike. The summer is the perfect time to work on getting the stress out of your life.
5. Work On Your Diet Your diet will reflect on the way that your body feels. If you are feeling tired or sick, the foods that you are consuming could be the root of your problem. Many fruits and vegetables are in season during the summer months, which means it is the perfect time to eat them! Try and incorporate more fresh greens and fruits into your diet.
6. Make Time For Yourself Make sure that you are taking time for yourself this summer! Don’t overbook your schedule and never give yourself a chance to rest. Schedule a beach day or a relaxing day for yourself. Take vacation time and spend some time resting and recuperating from the stresses of life!
7. Get Plenty Of Sleep The hot temperatures of the summer months take a toll on your body. Make sure that are getting enough sleep on a daily basis. Your body needs rest, especially during the busy summer months. Schedule a time that you will turn off electronics and dedicate to sleeping. Getting the recommended seven to nine hours of sleep every night will drastically affect how you feel!
8. Protect Your Skin Applying sunblock and protecting your skin throughout the summer months is very important. Prolonged and unprotected exposure to sunlight can cause skin cancer and other skin problems. Simply apply sunscreen daily before heading outside during the summer months to ensure that your skin is protected!